Monday 27 July 2015

chocolate orange cookies

Hey guys!!
One of the things that I wanted to do more of during the summer was baking. I take food tech at GCSE but my cooking skills are very minimal to say the least, so I wanted to try something new and see how it went.
My younger sister decided to help me as I made chocolate orange cookies, they taste so good and I wanted to share the recipe and how I made them with you.

You will need:
150g melted butter
150g dark brown sugar
120g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
1tsp whole milk
Zest and juice of 1 large orange
225g plain flour
75g cocoa
100g milk chocolate, chopped into chunks



Method:
Pre-heat oven to 160°C/320°F/Fan 150°C/Gas Mark 3.
In a large mixing bowl, stir the sugars into the melted butter.

You should see it change from this.....
to this.

Then beat in the egg, milk and zest/juice of the orange to form a wet mix.

It should look like this

Sift in the flours and cocoa, add the chocolate chunks and fold the ingredients together until everything is combined. Put large tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto lined baking trays.



Bake at the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes. The centres will still be slightly sticky, so leave them to cool on the tray for at least 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.



These cookies taste lovely and although aren't the healthiest, are a great treat when eaten in moderation. The texture and flavours are so nice and I will definitely be making them again!! Let me know in the comments if you like to bake and what your favourite thing to bake is, I would love to know.
Em x

1 comment:

  1. I'm hungry now!!!! ahh these look delicious! I'm definitely going to have to give this recipe a try over the weekend! I followed you on bloglovin girly great blog! :)
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete