Saturday 11 July 2015

june/july favourites

Hey guys!!
I hope you are all having a good week, I've only got one week left of school which really excites me.
As we are now halfway (what????) through 2015, I wanted to think about my current favourites, from makeup to books, nails to hair. I am always reluctant to try new products but I have branched out more this year and found lots of staples that I will continue to buy!!

Skincare: 
When doing my skincare routine, I spoke about the St Ives Apricot Scrub and I really feel like this has helped my skin so much. It is very soft and gentle but also is strong enough to remove any dull skin cells to leave my face feeling soft and smooth. I actually received a tester of this last year but didn't get round to using it until around January, but now I have completely fallen in love with it and I use it lots.


 After I have a shower and use a body exfoliator, I like to moisturise my skin. I actually have severe plague psoriasis which means that my skin is very sensitive and reacts to pretty much any product, which is literally the most annoying thing ever. I have tried so many body moisturisers and this year I found a body lotion that works!! The Ted Baker Pink Body Lotion leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, but also smells of fruit and  flowers so what more could I ask for?

Haircare:
My hair is naturally blonde but during the winter months it turns brown. I looked for ages to try find a product that wouldn't drastically change or damage my hair, but would add subtle blonde highlights. The John Frieda Sheer Blonde Lightening Spray does exactly this, and it is so simple. All I do is spray onto wet hair and blow dry for gradual lightening.


Nails:
Last month, I was shopping when I came across Kiko. I had seen plenty of people rave about them online and the wall of bright nail colours excited me, so I had a look. I had to restrain myself from buying a ton of makeup that I didn't really need, but then I saw something that looked as though it might help me. I bite my nails and its a horrible habit but I picked up the Nail Care Ultra Long base coat. I apply this every evening and it has made a clear difference to the length of my nails.


Make up:
For ages I swore by the Collection Pressed Powder, but it was not long lasting on my skin and I wanted to find something new. When looking online I found that so many people loved the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I decided to try it out and I wasn't disappointed! It leaves my skin with a matte finish and stays for 12 hours, my face doesn't feel shiny at all.


I adore red lipstick but I could never find a drugstore brand that would stay on my lips and that I really liked. Eventually I decided to go out and buy Mac Russian Red and I definitely haven't been disappointed. The colour lasts for ages and the difference between drugstore and high end has been clear here. I love this lipstick and I will continue to repurchase it.


Books:
Giovanna Fletcher is my favourite author and this month she released Dream A Little Dream. I will be posting a review soon of this book but I was so looking forward to it's release and I wasn't let down!! It is absolutely incredible and I would recommend it to anyone.

It's almost summer and I'm so excited to have lots of time to write blog posts. I haven't been posting on time recently due to exams but I am getting back into the swing of things now so expect more regular posts. Also, let me know what you would like to see in the comments or on Twitter as I would love to know what you think. Have a great week,
Em x

1 comment:

  1. St Ives Apricot Scrub is one of my favourites too, it's great!
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete