Sunday 10 January 2016

A Fresh Start

Hey guys!!
For the past few weeks I have been considering restarting my blog. As you know, I had a break last year to focus on mock exams and I said that I was going to focus on my bestfriend who was very ill. If you follow me on any social media, then you will understand that she passed away on November 20th 2015 after a two year battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This news was something that I could never have prepared myself for and saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Seven weeks later and I am finally beginning to accept this change, whilst adjusting to living with a 'Rhi shaped hole in my heart'. I am absolutely heartbroken, but I promised her that I would raise awareness for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and childhood cancer and I feel that this is a perfect platform to do so.
I really loved writing my blog and I am so angry at myself for losing motivation but I was not happy with the direction that it was heading. I don't want to be a cliché blogger who reviews makeup and writes about things that aren't at all important to them. From now on I am going to write if and when I feel like it, and about topics that interest me (Disney, cacti etc.) I want to go on adventures this year, to find new places and take photos so that I can look back on them in the future. I am also going to be taking my exams this year so I need to find time for revision, but I can use this as a way to channel my revision breaks into something productive. I want to talk about things that make me happy and also issues that I feel are important. Along with spreading awareness of childhood cancers, I am going to be doing a marathon in September to raise money and I'd love for people to help me in fundraising so that we can bring forward the day where we have a cure for cancer.
This was really rambly but I hope everything made sense and that you will enjoy reading my blog a lot more now!!
Thank you,
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment