Tuesday 13 October 2015

Make-up Expiry Dates

Hey guys!!
This weekend I was going through some of my make-up to see what was out of date and find some things that I could throw away. It was this that led me to start thinking about expiry dates on make-up as its so easy to forget when products are started, and how long before you need to replace them. As with any other product you shouldn't use make-up products with expired expiration dates. Expired beauty product can be full of bacteria which can cause you a lot of problems with skin health. 

www.jenngorgeous.com


It's important to go through your make-up bag every 3-4 moths and see which products aren't good any more. I noticed that some make-up products don't say how long you can use them. So I like to stick little paper notes on each product and write the date when I first started using it. The real question is: How long do make-up products last?

Mascara - 2-6 months
Eyeliner (liquid): 3 months
Concealer: 6-12 months
Foundation: 1 year
Clear mascara: 1 year
Eyeliner (pencil): 1-2 years
Lipstick: 2 years
Powder: 2 years
Blush: 2 years
Bronzer: 2 years
Eye-shadow: 2 years

I hope that this helped some of you in some way and that it'll be useful for you when clearing out your make-up!! Maintaining skin health is so important and a way in which you can do this is by clearing out your make-up collection every few months. 
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment